***Seek Professional Help
- *Winterize hose bibs by turning off the valve for each. Open each hose bib, from the exterior, just enough to drain water.
- **Clear gutters to reduce icicle formation.
- *Close down crawl space vents to reduce cold air flow.
- ***Consider increasing floor insulation value. R19 is building code requirement. R30 keeps floors feeling cozier.
- **Check your attic's ventilation. Make sure your soffit vents are clear. This also reduces icicle formation and damaging, costly ice damming.
- *Check for drafts around entry doors. Feel a draft? Adjust door threshold or add weather stripping.
- ***Get your chimney professionally cleaned.
- ***Have your gas fireplace serviced. Remember to use cleaners for the glass recommended by the manufacturer.
- *Replace HVAC return air filters.
- *Test and/or replace batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.